Thursday 28 January 2010

There's a Surprise in the Bathtub - and Other Tales of Glorious Ignominy


The other day as I took items out of the fridge in preparation to make my day's lunch (with snacks), I paused and decided it was worthy of a picture. Back in the day I used to take two peanut butter sandwiches, a granola bar, an apple and a carrot, maybe some cookies, and that was my lunch for a day's work. Now with eating protein every 2 hours and trying to balance that with enough good carbs and vegetables, I get out the almonds and the cottage cheese and the whole wheat bread and the cooked grains and the leftovers from yesterday's supper and the apple and the carrots and the spinach and the cheese and crackers and the mayo and the meat...and I'm still hungry at the end of the day, and I'm still losing weight! Hmph.

And now that we've talked about lunch, here's another photo and I hope it doesn't make you lose yours:


I was giving Kate a bath and had just decided to get a book and let her play for awhile when I noticed a look of studious concentration on her clean, wet face. "Oh no," I said with great dread. "I hope you're just making bubbles." Alas, it was not so.

2 comments:

Karyn Clemens said...

Oh Kate.
And I hope you're figuring this food thing out...being healthy is more fun than feeling like crap (pun intended).

~K~

Anonymous said...

that will be the first of many "surprises" she leaves for you in the tub. hopefully she doesn't figure out that she likes to play with(or eat) it!! i just look at it this way: it saves you a diaper change! ;)
~heidi