Saturday 5 June 2021

Pallet Pool, Part 4

How to enjoy a pallet pool, hopefully it doesn't explode!

I came home from work on a fairly warm day. I walked in the door and immediately noticed my family was in the pool! The many hours of hard work had come to fruition!
Things are not quite done, but I was happy that my family could enjoy the pool. It was barely warm enough but a couple of hot days had helped. Our friend had helped us with the chemicals (shock the water, chlorine, etc) and it was amazing how nice the water looked after having a greenish tinge for quite awhile. The pump/filter was now on a timer. It pumps when the sun is out, runs the water through the filter, then through 130 feet of black hose (which I am planning to put on the roof soon), and back into the pool on the opposite side. I made a bit of a step to get in, but that needs more work... I laquered the 2x6 frame so it hopefully lasts longer... we ordered a solar cover but also need to set up a crank for it... and lots of clean up around the outside so that we can enjoy the space a bit more. And what do you know, Covid restrictions are starting to ease, so maybe we can invite a few people over soon to enjoy it with us.

The depth ended up being 49 inches of water. It's perfect for my kids--they can touch, but also swim without feeling like they are in a kiddie pool.
It definitely felt good to swim in my backyard!

1 comment:

Spauer said...

Amazing work!