Monday 17 September 2012

Solid Surface Renos 4


Should I use the original 8 inch sink or go with a free undermount 9 inch with minimal damage? I decided to go with the new one. I could have undermounted the old one but it's a bit more work.


I laid the sink cutouts over the template to try to figure out where I would put the seams. It's not easy with this shape of countertop!


Sink Cutouts. Corian Maui.


I headed downstairs to the workshop. It's a concrete bunker/bike storage, but it works. I used a skil saw and a plywood straightedge to make my rough cuts. I have a triple chip (melamine) blade that cuts nicely.


Here is a seam that is drying. In the middle is colour-matched seamkit (epoxy). The two pieces being joined are placed on a perfectly level surface and held together with masking tape stretched over blocks. It actually works pretty well. Later the excess glue is belt-sanded away along with any high spots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.