Friday 11 February 2011

Naturopathic Update

I saw Dr. E. again yesterday for a follow-up naturopath appointment. I have been having a really good week so I was quite positive when asked about the status of my complaints. For example, I have not been lightheaded or dizzy for quite awhile. I have been stronger--able to exert physical effort without getting wiped out. I have enjoyed going to work instead of dreading it. According to his electro-gizmo that measures energy in my body, many levels were much better than they were when he tested me in November. Liver function was up, protein digestion was up, toxins were down...I was much encouraged. "I'm getting better," I said.

That being said, there is still a ways to go. The doctor said that at my next appointment in 3 months, he will spot check some of the foods I am sensitive to, and he expects that I will be okay to eat about 80% of them again! He put me on a bunch of pills, most old, some new--I'm taking some probiotics (bacteria that will call my intestines home).

I have a regular blood test with my Family Doctor in April. It will be interesting to see how my liver enzymes are doing (they have been a bit high on the last two tests). In addition, he is checking my blood sugar/insulin. I am curious to see if this long term low glycemic index diet will have an effect on that.

1 comment:

The Probiotics said...

Mmm...it's nice and warm in here!