Saturday 7 November 2020

Flamingos

I'm not sure why, but I had an idea to help my mom celebrate a milestone birthday with some physically distanced flamingoes. Party rentals charge about $75 for a couple of days so I thought I'd make my own and then I wouldn't have to worry about picking them up in time.

First I drew a template and cut ten shapes out of thin plywood. I stapled on a small stake for a 2nd leg. Then they got spray painted pink.

Lastly I spray painted the beaks gold and used a black sharpie for the eyes. Then I snuck out to my parents house at 9pm the eve of my Mom's birthday. It was a bit of a rainy evening and fairly dark, but there was a streetlight nearby so I thought I might get caught. I tiptoed around the side of the front lawn and stuck the sticks in the wet ground.

The next day I got a text of thanks from my parents. My mom said I made her day!


However the interior-grade plywood did not last long in the pouring rain: the next day one of them got a headache.

No comments: