Friday 1 April 2016

Sky Wonders

I was driving back from a colleagues house--I think it was Easter Sunday--and chanced to look at the western sky. There was some sort of Cloud Experience happening! (Or maybe one of the Pentecostal churches in town was really rocking it up!) Kate and I had recently been learning about clouds, so I was able to name some of the ones in this picture: cirrus and cumulus anyway, but what about that blue streak!?


Then a day or two later, when the power was off at night, I again chanced to go outside and look up. The milky way was bright, and pretty much the only two constellations I can find, the Southern Cross and Orion, were out. I took some 30-second exposures and the Southern Cross turned out pretty good (though nothing like what my brother-in-law and father-in-law can do).


Isn't Creation marvelous when we stop to look?

No comments: