Sunday 7 June 2015

First (and probably last) Wedding Shoot

As mentioned in the previous post, I was asked to shoot a wedding. All my co-worker wanted was a CD that he could take to Lusaka to get prints. Today I attended with quite a few others from Chodort. I felt it was both laid-back and high-energy...so a good mix. The front yard garden was a perfect location, though small. While not an official ceremony, it was close enough; according to local sources, it's called a Traditional Wedding or A Getting Together of the Families.

The bride and groom are not supposed to smile during the first part. I think it's okay once the food, dancing, and gifts come out! So a lot of my pictures looked kind of glum. But I ended up with 139 decent shots, and photoshopped three of them for style; otherwise I left them alone. There were quite a few of family and friends, greetings and gifts, so I don't know how many will actually get printed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool! add it to your resume :)
~spauer