Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spiders and Soccer

A spider was spinning her cunning web of deceit when I returned home from work yesterday. The setting sun was highlighting the thin strands, or I would have missed it. She was starting from the outside frame and working her way inwards, with quick, precise geometry. I took this picture, then went inside to get the kids so they could see too. By the time they came out, the web was almost finished.

This morning I went out early to see if I could get a good picture with the sunrise and the dew, but alas, the web was gone...I think our gardener probably cleared it out of the way. Hopefully the spider got a meal first!

Last Saturday I took a soccer ball to the dirt field a block away and counted to ten. No one showed up. But then, within a minute there were four of us passing the ball around. Soon we had a good scrimmage of 3 on 3 going! I'm hoping to make it a weekly event, as I love the exercise. One of the guys was a former Chodort IT student.

No comments: