Sunday 23 February 2014

Out of that Box





Purolator buzzes you at 3:08

Can you come and sign for this parcel

It's pretty heavy, sealed up tight

No return address visible

THIS SIDE UP in heavy black blocks

Smells like corrugated cardboard and fresh packing tape

Then in small letters near a dented corner

Is scribbled 'Contents: GOD'



I've got a warning for you my friend



Don't let God out of that box

He might knock off your socks

Then He'll wash your feet

I'd be careful how I handled that box

Make sure it's bound up and locked

'Cause to stir up the pot

Is the last thing we need


This song originally written for a radio contest.  It didn't make it but I was proud of the song.  A year later, decided to go public with a video (I haven't figured out how to post plain mp3's on Blogger).  Footage mostly of our backyard/porch area in Zambia.

2 comments:

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

Nice song (Dave says "Man, is he tall!" - I guess it's been awhile since you've seen each other :-)). Blessings on you!

Anonymous said...

elise claps and says, "yaay!"