Friday 6 July 2012

Scared of a Fly

My daughter is scared of a fly. Literally. She's also scared of shadows, the dark, random noises, empty spaces, you name it. If she has company, she seems to be okay. Which is why we might have to move our son into her room at night: although they might wake each other up more at night, Kate might actually sleep better! And, our little guy would be out of our closet. :)

A project I've been working on for a long time has been to build the kids beds. Michelle and I have designed them to be bunk beds, with the top one perpendicular to the bottom one (covering the foot of the bed) and being supported by a custom set of drawers, with some stair-drawers ascending up the end. So far I've only built the bottom bed, which Kate has been using for quite some time. It's hard to make time to be away from the kids and the wife to go to the basement and work by myself; another project I want to finish is the kitchen countertops in solid surface, but that is also quite time-consuming. I'm looking forward to a break from family life when Michelle takes the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa on the farm for a week. Though I will be working lots, I'm hoping to have the energy to do the countertops start to finish. Then I can focus on the beds. In the meantime, Malachi's crib converts to a toddler bed. So all we have to do is move him. Will that fix Kate's fears? I don't know. Hope it helps!

No comments: