Wednesday 17 August 2011

Slogging Along

It's been awhile since I posted anything. Half the summer, actually! We went to Ontario for a wedding--stayed in a rented lodge with family and family friends that get together every 2 years for an MCC Nigeria reunion. It was hot and the heat was welcome after our cool summer here in British Columbia. There is a sweet splash park in Leamington with a huge tomato-bucket that dumps gallons of water on excited kids every few minutes. Kate loved it. I rented a car from Discount in Windsor and saved $150 by not renting directly from the airport area. It was a bit of a hassle, and the Ford Fiesta hatchback was painfully small (as my wife pointed out on several occasions), but it got us and our stuff from point A to point B. Our flight back home was delayed a bit so it made for a long day of travel, topped off by my backpack not arriving in Vancouver...but it all worked out!

Since then it has been work, work, work...lots of it at my job since different people are on holidays. Things seem to be slowing down a little bit but overall I've been busy. Michelle also feels the work, work, work at home with two busy kids. It would be nice if they would nap at the same time once in awhile, but alas they do not seem to understand the concept. Malachi is sleeping a little bit more, at least, although he can still stay up pretty late.

We also went camping for the first time all summer. Ross Lake (near Hope) is beautiful, but camping with these munchkins is so much work...Michelle came down with a fever/cold during our first night, so we left the next day. Maybe we'll try again in a few years!

I have been feeling well most of the time now. My Naturopath says my digestion has improved a lot. I no longer need vitamin B2 supplements, and I'm weaning myself off my digestive enzyme (M7+) pills. I still get tired after about 6 hours of work on my feet--will that ever change? I had a root canal re-done recently and had to take antibiotics.

No comments: