Friday 25 March 2011

Work

Lots of it. I've been busy lately!

A little while ago I advertised my handy man services on Craigslist. I got two calls; one for a fencing job that was too big for me, and one to install some sliding closet doors and quote on countertops. From this second call I've had a month of work (a month being my spare time, about a day a week). I think I am almost done...it's been fun as the work has been varied, installing those mirrored closet doors, fixing a light, installing lights and a smoke detector, putting in a deadbolt, fixing a window awning, patching holes in the wall, fixing closet doors, installing a waterproof moulding around a shower...and tomorrow I am supposed to paint a bedroom!

I also got a call from my dad to work on an indoor landing/ramp for Abbey Medical so spent yesterday and part of today doing that. Columbia has also decided to get busy all of a sudden so I worked an extra half-day today and am already committed to an extra day next week too! And I am quoting on some sliding shelves for Michelle's friend's mom--and possibly also an interesting cabinet extension.

Throughout all this extra work I have felt capable healthwise, which has been a blessing. I got a cold this week which has been slowly but steadily increasing in annoyance. Not a good time to work 6 days in a row. :|

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We've missed having you around! But I'm glad you are getting the work and enjoying it! :) Love you!